April 27, 2014

AVO AND TUNA SALAD

Today was was my first day on a LCHF (low carb, high fat) eating plan. I say eating plan and not diet because it's really about a healthy lifestyle change. Okay, and maybe a little about losing weight too!


Breakfast was a couple of perfectly boiled eggs - nothing too exciting - so I needed to make up for it with lunch. I was going to make a lovely avocado and tuna salad, but then I remembered I am not supposed to eat mayo as it's packed with seed oil which is toxic. I then remembered that I had just bought a yummy cream cheese which, mashed with a little avo, was a perfect substitute. 



This is such a light, summery meal and you really won't miss the mayo at all. Trust me!




Avocado and Tuna Salad
Serves 2

1 avocado

1 - 2 tsp cream cheese - full cream, not low fat

1 tbsp spring onion, finely chopped

1 tbsp celery, finely chopped

1 lemon, half juiced and half cut into slices

1 tin of tuna in brine

mixed lettuce 

sea salt and black pepper

Cut the avo in half, scoop out a tablespoon from each half and mash it in a bowl with the cream cheese. 

Add the chopped spring onion and celery. Then add the lemon juice and seasoning to taste. Finally, add the tuna and give it a good stir.

Scoop the tuna mix back into the avo. Place the lettuce and avo on a plate and garnish with  couple of lemon slices.

So easy peasy and so delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment